Why should I visit a naturopathic doctor?
- To treat a medical ailment or condition
- To reduce the need for drugs
- For stress, lifestyle, and dietary management
- For family medicine, including the health of women, men, pediatric, and elderly
- To promote personal wellness and a healthy lifestyle
What health concerns are treated by my naturopathic doctor?
- Chronic Illnesses
- Digestive Complaints
- Respiratory Conditions
- Arthritis and Chronic Pain
- Women’s and Men’s Health Conditions
- Pre-natal, Peri-natal, and Post-natal Health
- Stress Management
- Health Maintenance
- And much more!
- If you want to know if your health concern can be treated with naturopathic medicine, please contact us!
Is naturopathic medicine covered by OHIP?
- Naturopathic medicine is not covered by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) at this time. Most extended health insurance plans do cover naturopathic visits. Contact your employer or insurance company to determine the extent of your coverage.
What training do naturopathic doctors have?
- Naturopathic doctors are required to complete three years of undergraduate education plus four years of full-time study at an accredited college of naturopathic medicine. In Canada, the only accredited school is the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM). The four-year program incorporates basic medical science, naturopathic therapies and clinical internship. Following the completion of their program, candidates must successfully complete Naturopathic Physicians Licensing Examinations (NPLEX) in order to qualify for licensing in North America. A naturopathic doctor must be registered with the Board of Directors of Drugless Therapy – Naturopathy (BDDT-N) when practicing in Ontario. The public can contact the BDDT-N to verify that their naturopathic doctor is qualified to practice in Ontario.
How do I book an appointment?
What can I expect from my first naturopathic visit?
- Patients must fill out detailed forms concerning their health before their initial consultation. Please email us to receive a copy of the forms. You will have an opportunity to ask me questions, and I will share my philosophy for optimal health with you. I will take a thorough health history during the 60 minute consultation and listen to your health concerns and your health goals complete the physical exam. Please bring all recent lab work to your first visit if you have them.
- The second visit is booked about one week later. An individualized treatment plan will be given and explained at this time. You may be prescribed natural health products which you can purchase from the clinic or at a health food store near you. All products are trusted professional brands that use high quality pharmaceutical grade ingredients.
- Your third visit is booked about 3 weeks later for 30 minutes. Follow-ups may be booked anywhere from every 1-6 weeks depending on your health concerns. Acupuncture is normally booked twice a week for 2 weeks, then weekly for 2-4 weeks before reassessment.
Naturopathic services are covered under most extended health insurance plans. Contact your insurance provider for more details!